Guinea Ecuatorial 1903

Malabo was founded by the British in 1827 as Port Clarence, or Clarencetown, until 1840s .It later became the capital of Spanish Guinea and was renamed Santa Isabel and the province of Fernando Póo.

The country main product has always been raw materials, especially the cocoa, which has been developed since 1906.

In the images on the left it can be appreciated early 20th Equatorial Guinea, with the drying of cocoa to the sun (1920), the Santa Isable port, Camasa's main office in 1916 facing one of the main arteries of Malabo. bullfighting show in 1954, and Santa Isabel's train station in what is now the Independence Avenue.

 

© CAMASA 2004. All rights reserved.